Sunday, December 8, 2013

Parenting

So this week in class we talked about parenting and how important it is and things that can help with it.
I think that parenting is a crucial part of a family structure because it starts to mold and create the kind of children you will have and I believe children play a big part in a family.
I really had no idea what so ever what to expect going in to this chapter because I have no idea what it is or means to be a parent. But after this week I think that the main thing we learned is that it is important to communicate while parenting and being on the same page as your partner because that will make it a little easier.
Being older now I can see what kind of parenting my parents used on me and my sibling and they kind of fall into the being really strict with the first child and more relaxed with the younger ones. I can now see how this was both a good and bad idea because with my older sister they were very strict and she rebelled a lot but with my brother and I they were very relaxed and kind of just went with the flow and I believe that I was the easier child that they did not have to worry about so much. Parenting is a big responsibility and while I still feel like I know nothing about it I have a better understanding of it. I think in order to know about it you have to experience it first hand to know what works and doesn't. I hope some day I get to experience it but for now learning about it was good enough for me

Rachel Escobar

1 comment:

  1. Parenting is obviously a key component of this life and we have been taught that it has the potential to provide the most fulfillment and joy. Elder Russell M. Nelson has said, "I surely know that there is no role in life more essential and more eternal than that of motherhood." What are your feelings concerning this quote? You discussed some differing parenting styles, which parenting style do you think is most effective? How do you believe the way that you were raised will influence how you will raise your children?

    ReplyDelete