Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Aging

So when we started talking about the aging family I was a little lost and still am because I have no idea what it is like or what to expect
    I think the aging family has to do with the kids getting older, retirement, and just moving along with life.
   When children begin to get older and leave the house I think some parents take it harder than others and that it can be a big adjustment.
   When I first left to come here my parents did not seem to sad but I know when I am home they really enjoy it and having all their children home again (well they better!). In my home I am the youngest of 3 children but we all still live at home but my sister was on a mission and as soon as she came back it was time for me to leave so my parents are not true empty nesters however, they have had there share of moving people out and saying their goodbyes.
    I know when some peoples children move out they have a hard time because the house is empty and they do not really have any one to take care of and do things for so I think that can be hard.
   While having kids leave the nest can be a hard experience I have heard some interesting stories about how things go once one spouse is retired or both.
   I think this has some issues because people do not really know what to do with all their free time and are not used to being home so much and being around each other so much. I know a family who the wife says she wants to just cry all the time because her husband just drives her nuts because he is always getting into things around the house and messing with her daily routine...(Oh No!)
  I think when the family starts "aging" it is important to talk about things and how things will work however, I guess you don't really know what to expect until it comes but it is always a good idea to think ahead. I'm just glad i do not have to be around my house for this time in my parents life haha ;)
Rachel Escobar
  

No comments:

Post a Comment