Monday, December 16, 2013

Divorce

So this week in class we talked about a kind of depressing subject...divorce and how it affects the family
I think divorce is hard on everyone in the family but the only perspective I can really see it from is from the child.
I have never been through a divorce in my own immediate family however, I have seen it in family member and close friends.
   I think that divorce makes children feel like they might have done something to make their parents not want to stay together or that they can fix it somehow by being extremely well behaved so their parents will not fight or acting out so the parents will fill bad. Again I do not have a lot of experience dealing with this I have just seen and observed out some people I know who have been divorced.
   A friend I had back in high school whose parents were getting a divorce never wanted to be home and said she felt helpless in the situation. I think that is how I would feel helpless and sad I think it is hard on children because they have to realize that their parents the one thing they are suppose to count on and be a back bone kind of, break apart so it is hard to know what or how to deal with it.
again I do not know much about divorce first hand but from what I have seen and understand from the child's prospective it is by no means easy.
Rachel Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment