Friday, November 1, 2013

Getting Ready

    So this week in class I was not to excited about the topics we would be discussing because it was all about getting ready for marriage and problems newly wedded couples face.
    But then we started talking about little things I never even began to ever consider like sharing a bed, and  personal space, 
    I know talking about bed sharing is a little weird but I never thought about it before everyone has different sleeping habits and little "bedtime rituals" and once you are married you are going to have to maybe change your ways and then put up with someone else's. I never really realized that the small stuff such as bed sharing can make a difference because what if you like a million pillows but your partner does as well you'll always be fighting over pillows, or if you like a million blankets and they don not one will always be uncomfortable, then there is the whole blanket hog issue so many things just that go along with something as simple as sharing a bed.
    Personal space is another one because I am the kind of person that needs to go off and do their own thing but what if your partner always wants to be around you or visa versa or you both always do your own thing and there is never any time together.
    There are so many things to consider when getting married and overlooking the small stuff can make things harder so I think it is important to talk about and understand each other before you jump into marriage and this weeks class really opened my eyes to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment